Icon of Saint Marina from the church of Kyperounda, Cyprus.Egg tempera on wood.

Collection


Icon of Virgin Eleousa (The Merciful), found in the Museum of the Monastery of Saint Neophytos. The Icon was commissioned by Saint Neophytos himself to the painter who came from the Emperors Palace in Constantinople to create the wall-paintings of the two small chambers of the Enkleistra. The Icon until recently was part of the original display in the Enkleistra.

Collection


Icon of Christ the Filanthrpos (Christ the Lover of Mankind), from the Monastery of Saint Neophytos. The Icon was painted in 1183, with the face and hand repainted in the 15th century.Egg tempera on wood. A 12th century ornamental Cross is painted at the back of the Icon. This Icon was commissioned by Saint Neophytos to the painter of the Imperial Palace who came to the Enkleistra to create the wall-paintings of the two small chambers in his Enkleistra. Until recently the Icon was part of the original display in the Enkleistra.

Collection


Early 12th Century Icon of Saint John the Baptist from the Church of the Virgin of Asinou, NIkitari, Cyprus. Egg tempera on wood.

Collection


Εικόνα Θεοτόκου, δεξιοκρατούσα Οδηγήτρια. Προέλευση: Ναός Αγίας Παρασκευής Μουτουλλάς, Κύπρος. Διαστάσεις: 99 × 70 εκ.

Collection


Icon of Saint Vasilieios from the Church of Saint Paraskevis in Moutoulla of Cyprus. Dimensions 104 x 63.2 cm

Collection