Browse Items (136 items total)
The icon was commissioned by Abbot Gregory in 1888. The parchment Saint Neophytos is holding in his left hand is open and reads the first lines of his Foundation Rule (Typiki Diathiki) : ''Αγαθόν ὑπέρτερον...προσαπήτει διαθέσθαι''.
Virgin with child. With the portrait of the abbot Joachim dedicating the icon to the Enkleistra.΅Work of painter Theophylactos. Beginnings of 16th century with repaintings of the 20th century recently removed. Wood carved case/throne of the icon