Σε ηλικία 89 ετών απεβίωσε στις 8 και κηδεύτηκε από την εκκλησία της Αγίας-Μαρίνας στις 10 Αυγούστου 2018 η Κυριακού Χατζηχαρίτου, γνωστή ως «η Τζυρκακού του Χαρίτου». Ήταν το έκτο από τα επτά παιδιά του Χ"Χαρίτου Χ"Μιχαήλ του γένους Χ"Αντώνη Χ"Μιχαήλ ορφανού των Δυμών και της Χ"Μαρίνας Κωνσταντή Κτίστη (ξένου πιθανόν εκ Ψημολόφου). Το 1951 παντρεύτηκε τον Γιαννή (1923), γιο του Μιχάλη Στυλιανού Σουρμελή, άλλως Μουστακά, και της Κατερίνας Γιαννή Χριστοφή (της παλιάς οικογένειας των Σπηλιών-Λιβαδιού Βαλιαντή Παπαλοΐζου) με τον οποίο απέκτησαν έξι παιδιά [Μαρίνα, Μιχάλης, Κατερίνα, Λένια, Χαριτίνη, Άντρη], 13 εγγόνια [(Κούλα, Μαρίνα, Στέλλα, Μαρία), (Κλειώ, Γιάννης), (Γιάννης, Ευανθία), (Μαίρη, Άννα), (Μαρία, Βαγγέλης), (Γιώργος) και 15 δισέγγονα. Η Κυριακού σε όλη τη ζωή της στάθηκε ως μάνα και σύζυγος, φροντίζοντας με άφθονη αγάπη τα έξι παιδιά και τον φορτηγατζή σύζυγό της. Όταν πλέον τα παιδιά μεγάλωσαν εργάστηκε ευκαιριακά σε συνεργεία συλλογής πορτοκαλιών –σταφυλιών και στα λίγα κτήματα της οικογένειας. Στα τελευταία λίγα χρόνια της ζωής της η Κυριακού ταλαιπωρήθηκε από άνοια.

Collection


Αρχές της δεκαετίας 1960. Στην καρδιοχειρουργική κλινική του Δρα Ανδρέα Δημητριάδη παρά τη γέφυρα Πεδιαίου στη Λευκωσία. Αναγνωρίζονται από αριστερά η βοηθός Σοφία Π. Τσαγγάρη, Άγγλος ασθενής, η sister Έλλη Χριστοφή-Καϊμακλί και η βοηθός Παναγιώτα Ν. Ππάλη-μετέπειτα σύζυγος Φρίξου Χατζηγεωργίου

Collection


Η φωτογραφία πιθανόν να λήφθηκε στον Αμίαντο στην πανήγυρη του Αϊ-Μάμα αρχές της δεκαετίας 1960. Αναγνωρίζονται στο μέσον οι κοπέλες της εποχής Ελευθερία Χαραλάμπους και Παναγιώτα Νικολαΐδη-σύζυγος Ανδρέα Ι. Περατικού

Collection


Αναγνωρίζονται από αριστερά Στυλιανός Μ. Μικέλλη, η κόρη του Μυροφόρα, ο γιος του Γιώργος Στ. Μικέλλη με την έγκυο σύζυγό του Μαρίνα και τον 4τράχρονο γιο τους Κυριάκο και την γιαγιά Κυριακού Μ. Παπαγιώρκη-Μικέλλη με τα παιδιά της Μυροφόρας Στέλιο, Χριστίνα και Κούλα.

Collection


The two Christmas stamps, with their festive flavour, represent what is probably the most magical time of the year for both young and old. For children, especially, it is a wonderful season.
They adore dressing the Christmas tree with its colourful decorations and lights. Decorating the Christmas tree is a popular tradition the world over and in keeping with the spirit of the days.

The religious-content stamp depicts the Western-style icon of the Adoration of the Magi, from the church of Panayia Faneromenis, currently to be found in the Byzantine Museum of the Archbishop Makarios III Foundation in Nicosia. The icon dates from the Venetian occupation (1489–1570) and, on the left, portrays the Holy Family. The Theotokos (the Mother of God), in the style of a Western Madonna, is seated and facing right, towards the three Magi opposite her, holding in her arms the naked infant Jesus, who is accepting their gifts and blessing them.

Collection


Τhe Republic of Cyprus became member of the Council of Europe (CoE) on May 24th 1961. It will take over, from November 22nd 2016 until May 19th 2017, the Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe, for the fifth time during its membership. The CoE comprises 47 member States. All Council of Europe member states have signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights (1950), according to which High Contracting Parties are committed to ensuring human rights and fundamental freedoms to all persons under their jurisdiction. The European Convention on Human Rights is, still today, regarded as one of the most outstanding successes of international law. The Cyprus Chairmanship is an ideal opportunity to strengthen the principles and values protected and promoted by this international organisation.”

Collection


GEORGIOS PARASKEVAIDES: He was born in Athens in 1916. He studied architecture at the Milan Polytechnic. In 1941, he met Stelios Joannou with whom he founded in partnership the Joannou and Paraskevaides construction company known as J&P and succeeded within a few years in establishing it as an international contractor colossus, promoting Cyprus on a global basis. In 1959 he married Thelma Leonidou Frangou. They had three children: Efthyvoulos, a civil engineer, Leoni, an architect, and Christina, who studied business administration. He and his wife set up the Georgios and Thelma Paraskevaides Charitable Foundation and the Paraskevaidion Surgical and Transplant Centre. The state, the church and numerous organisations have honoured him for his diverse social actions, patriotism, philanthropy and great contribution to his country, the church and to Hellenism. He died in London on the December 5th, 2007, at the age of 91.

ANASTASIOS LEVENTIS: Anastasios Georgios Leventis (1902-1978) from the village of Petra, Solea, created a financial colossus in West Africa thanks to his hard work, farsightedness, innovation, and solidarity with his fellow-man. Ηe was a brilliant entrepreneur and major philanthropist who helped the Republic of Cyprus in many areas. As a representative of Cyprus to UNESCO, he denounced the destruction of the cultural heritage in the occupied regions and assisted in the repatriation of archaeological treasures. Three major painting collections formed the core of the A. G. Leventis Gallery in Nicosia. He founded the A. G. Leventis Foundation to promote Cyprus internationally, disseminate Greek culture, develop new forms of education for the young and protect the natural environment, and was
a fervent philanthropist.

STELIOS JOANNOU: Stelios Joannou was born in Lefkara in 1915 and was an internationallyrespected businessman, well-known for his charitable activities. His partnership with Georgios Paraskavaides in 1942 developed into ‘J&P’, the largest construction company in Cyprus, which contributed significantly to the presence of the country in the international business world. Stelios Joannou and his wife Elli Mousoulou, passed on their love for their homeland and fellow man to their children, Dakis, Sylvia and Christos. Outstanding examples of Stelios Ioannou’s philanthropy in Cyprus are the ‘Christos Stelios Ioannou Foundation’, in memory of their son, Christos, who died at an early age, and the ‘Ayios Christoforos Home’, both for persons with special needs.
He received significant honours for his multi-faceted contribution to charitable foundations and associations, including the Ecumenical Patriarchate. The establishment of the Research School of Classical and Byzantine Studies at Oxford University and the model library at the University of Cyprus, both of which bear his name, are thanks to generous donations from his wife. He died in Nicosia on May 8, 1999 and the government honoured him by covering his coffin with the colours of the Greek flag.

Collection


In previous decades, Cyprus, apart from mineral wealth, possessed many natural springs producing water of the highest quality. Hundreds of natural springs and founts all over the island provided water for villagers and their orchards for centuries.
Nearly every village had its own stone-built fount.
Every household obtained its water supply from the fount and this was mainly collected either by the women of the village, who were responsible for the household, or by young children.
But the fount had a wider role. It was a forum for discussion and communication between young girls and it was also a meeting place to exchange amorous glances with their beaux.
The two stamps depict the Fount of the Pegia Women (I Vrisi ton Pegiotisson), a €0,41 stamp and the Panayia Fount in Paphos, a €0,34 stamp.

Collection